Meet Parentologist, Kerry Stutzman
My therapy, parenting, and speaking practice is born out of my passion for making the most of this thing called Life. I see the world through the lens of relationships. Everywhere I look, I can’t help but see them. My work is all about how we relate – to our internal parts, to people in our lives, to the stories we tell ourselves, to the Divine. I especially love helping parents be their best selves… because that is good for their kids.
I’m a Denver, Colorado native who has never stopped marveling at the gorgeous mountains where I love cycling, sailing, picnics, and family dinners.
After many years as a stay-at-home mom with a master’s degree collecting dust, I wanted a career that gave me the flexibility to put my kids first and have work that feeds my soul.
Earning my certificate in marriage and family therapy provided exactly that. All three elements of my work – therapy, parenting classes, and public speaking – are rooted in extensive academic training, life experience, and heart.
My deepest longing is to live a life that makes a difference in people being able to experience close, connected, healthy families. To this end, I support parents in working on themselves, their relationships, and their parenting skills. And I never stop working on myself.
Other parts of my story include divorce, re-marriage, blending families of 3+3 kids, tough teenagers, and enough pain to motivate me to grow. And there are parts of my story that involve exuberant joy, big love, spiritual awakening and ridiculous amounts of laughter.
That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.
Education and Other Credentials
- Master of Social Work from the University of Denver (MSW)
- Certificate in Marriage & Family Therapy from Denver Family Institute
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Colorado (LMFT)
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapist (AAMFT) Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor
- Clinical Supervisor, Denver Family Institute Faculty
- National Speakers Association (NSA) Professional Member
- Co-Founder of Building Bridges, a grassroots non-profit
- Trauma Therapy: EMDR Trained
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) Externship
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) Level One Training
- Love and Logic Independent Facilitator
- Journey Dance Facilitator Apprentice
- LGBTQ Affirming Therapist
- Pronouns are she/her/hers
I strive to practice cultural humility and never stop learning about diversity, power, and oppression.
“Always appreciate the little things, because in the end you realize they were the big things.”